Car Hire Terms & conditions
Conditions of Web Ritmocars for car hire in Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza & Formentera
- Handover the reservation voucher with DNI or Passport and Driving License with a credit card as guarantee. Some companies ask for two credit cards as a guarantee.
- The minimum age for renting groups AB-C is 21 years and a valid driving license. For the rest of the groups it is 25 years and 2 years and a valid driving license for 2 years.
- Maximum number of rental days is 30.
- Only credit cards such as VISA or Mastercard are acceptable for payment. Under no circumstances will cash or debit cards such as Diners club or American Express will be accepted. The card must be in the name of the person whose name will appear as main driver on the contract.
- Paying at destination Payment will be made in the rental office. The rental price (without any extras) will be price on the reservation.
- Pre payment. Prepayment has a 5% discount on the total price. This will be paid when making the reservation on the web using our secure systems verified by Visa/Mastercard secure code.
- Cancelations of prepaid reservations.
- 7 days before 100% of cost will be returned.
- Less than 7 days + 4 days before 50 % of cost will be returned.
- Less than 3 days before no refund as it will be considered a No Show.
- All prepaid cancellations must be communicated in writing quoting the reference number to the email "firstname.lastname@example.org" Cancellations by telephone are not valid.
- The price includes
- IVA (VAT) 21%
- Fully comprehensive insurance with excess.
Collision damage waiver: insurance against damage to body work. Is between 600 - 1200 euros depending on the vehicle group. The excess can be eliminated at a cost of 7 - 20 euros per day.
- Groups A, B, C Excess. 600 euros - cost 7 euros per day - minimum 35 euros.
- Groups D, D2 Excess 700 euros - cost 10 euros per day - minimum 50 euros.
- Groups D5, E, F, G Excess 1000 euros - cost 15 euros per day - minimum 75 euros.
- Groups F1, H, H2 excess 1200, 20 euros per day - minimum100 euros.
- This insurance does not include damage to tyres,hubcaps,wheel rims, the interior of the vehicle any mirrors inside or out, undercarriage, gear box, engine, car glass, locks, undercarriage, clutch, engine, sump, catalytic, converter and radiator, error fuel tank filler, battery recharge, loss of keys and towtruck.
- It does not include the cost of: loss or theft of keys, breakage of locks, fuel errors, towing, taxis after an accident, deposit for a substitute vehicle, nor compensation for the days the car is not in use.
- If you need a better insurance we offer comprehensive insurance which covers windows + wheels at a total cost of 20 euros.
- Comprehensive theft protection insurance.
Theft protection . Excess is between 600 - 1200 euros depending on the group of the vehicle. This can be cancelled at a cost of 3.5 - 10 euros per day.
- Groups A B + C excess 600 euros. Cost 3.5 euros per day.
- Groups D, D2 excess 700 euros. Cost 5 euros per day.
- Groups D5, E, F, G excess 1000 euros . Cost 7.5 euros per day.
- Groups F1, H, H2 excess 1200 euros. Cost 10 euros per day.
- If you do not take any insurance to eliminate the excess .. you will have to pay a deposit of the total cost of the excess with your credit card.
- Extras: These can be reserved but are not included in the final price. They will be paid in the office once the contract has been done.
- Young drivers - drivers under 25 year or with a valid license for less than 4 years - 5 euros per day, maximum 50 euros.
- Child seat - 6 euros per day - minimum 30 euros - maximum 84 euros. (The installation of the seat is the responsibility of the client) .
- Seat raisers - 4 euros per day - minimum 20 euros - maximum 56 euros (The installation of the seat is the responsibility of the client) .
- Additional driver - 5 euros per day - minimum 25 euros - maximum 70 euros.
- Insurance supplement for tyres + windscreen (not including mirrors) 20 euros per rental.
- GPS rental - 5 euros per day - 50 euros deposit.
- Delays in returning the vehicle. 59 minutes more than stipulated in thecontract - 20 euros plus the corresponding additional rental charge per day (additional days will be charged at the current rate).
- Fines: Any fines received will be the responsibility of the client and there will be an extra cost of 10 euros for administration costs.
- Loss of: - Safety waistcoat -10 euros.
- Triangles 15 euros.
- Loss or theft of vehicle keys 75 euros depending on vehicle.
- Delivery to Hotels. 30 euros for delivery and 30 euros for pick up return (only in Ibiza).
- One way 30 euros for returning the vehicle to a different office (only in Ibiza).
- Port tax 20 euros for pick ups in Ibiza + San Antonio.
- Rentals outside office hours 35 euros.
- Returns outside office hours 30 euros.
- Extreme dirty state 30 -150 euros.
- Excess kilometers in Ibiza - Maximum 200 km per day.
- Groups A, B y C: 0’50 €/km
- Groups D, D2: 0’60 €/km
- Groups D5, E, F, F1: 0’75 €/km
- Groups G, H, H2: 1’00 €/km
- Opening hours:
- Ibiza airport -8.00 - 22.00 in winter. From
1/5/2013 to 31/10/2013 open 24 hrs.
- Ibiza Port 1/5/2013 to 31/10/2013:
Monday to saturday 08:30 to 20:30
Sundays 08:30 - 13:00 & 17:00 to 20:00hrs.
- Palma de Mallorca Airport: froml 20/03/2013 to 31/10/2013, from 07:00hrs hasta las 02:00hrs.
- Menorca Airport: From 01/05/2013 to 31/10/2013, from 07:00hrs to 02:00hrs.
- Formentera Port (La Savina): froml 01/05/2013 to 31/10/2013, from 08:30hrs to 20:00hrs.
- WINTER - The offices in Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera are closed.
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver): Insurance for Partial Exemption of Liability for Damage. It eliminates the customer's liability for damage to the vehicle except the value of the franchise.
TP (Theft Protection): This insurance partially exempt the liability for theft.
PAI: Personal accident insurance.
Franchise: Is part of the responsibility that is not covered by the recruitment of products CDW, Partial Exemption of Damages, and TP, Partial Exemption of Theft.
SuperCDW: In addition to the products of CDW and TP, completely eliminates liability for damage to the vehicle itself and / or robbery.
Control Damage or Check-In: This is the check that is done to the vehicle after its rental to a customer, where is checked the level of gasoline, kms, state of upholstery, sheet metal, paint , Accessories, etc.. in order to properly carry out the liquidation of the contract.
Promotional Bonds: They are the Corporate Bonds granted by A tu Ritmo RentaCar, S.L. that allow the carrier to accede to a few tariffs and special conditions of rent but not credit, and therefore the service it is charged directly the the final user.